Learning massage techniques for hands and wrists is a great way to provide yourself with a fast effective relaxation after a long day of keyboard typing or manual work.
Our hands and palms are known to store number of pressure points stimulation of which can bring immediate pain relief and health benefits.
Massaging hand pressure points can relieve ailments such as constipation, sore throat, headache, back pain or help treat insomnia.
Massage Techniques that WillRelax YourSore Hands in Minutes
How to Give Yourself a Hand Massage
- Start by pinching the tips of each finger and thumb, right hand first then left hand. Repeat on both hands but this time squeeze the sides of each finger and thumb.
- Rub the top and bottom as well as the sides of each finger, in the direction from the knuckles to the fingertips.
- Grab each finger (and thumb) at its base and pull firmly until your finger slips out of your grasp.
- Using your thumb and forefinger, pinch and pull the “webbed” skin area between your fingers on the other hand.
- Use your thumb to massage the top of your other hand and the inner wrist. Then massage the palm of your hand.
- To finish your session, press your thumb deeply into the center of your palm. Hold for several seconds and focus on your breathing.
How to Give Someone a Hand Massage
- Start by applying oil or cream on the person’s hands and wrists.Then slide your hand up from their fingers all the way to the elbow to prepare the person for the massage.
- Place both your hands under your client’s hand and push your thumbs down on their wrist. Apply outward circular motion.
- Rest the hand in yours and with your other hand squeeze each finger. Massage with small circular motions and repeat twice.
- With the palm facing up, use your knuckles to knead the palm in circles. Apply light pressure and repeat around the whole area six times.
- Take the hand in your hand and make your fingers interlocked. Support the wrist with your other hand and make it turn from left to right. Repeat in the opposite direction.
- As the last step, sandwich the hand in between your palms and press firmly for three seconds. Repeat with the other hand.
With these simple steps you are now able to treat yourself or someone you care aboutto a relaxationwhich can release tension throughout the whole body.
Do you experience sore hands? Do you ever give yourself or somebody in your family a hand massage? Leave us a comment and share with us your tips and tricks!